Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:26:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Kirk McKusick <mckusick@McKusick.COM>
Cc:        Jake <jake@checker.org>, Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: softupdate panic, anyone seen this? (fwd)

[Expanded audience]

This is a generic problem with the present VFS system and also with some
specific parts of FreeBSD. There is "bleed-over" of all sorts of
parameters from filesystems and devices that they are mounted on and
devices that are sourced from them. (e.g. blocksizes etc.)
luckily at the moment it doesn't usually break things.

I've come across quite a few examples of it though through the
system at various times.

Has anyone any plans for cleaning up this sort of thing?
I've been tempted several times.

julian