Date:      Sat, 20 Mar 1999 08:16:50 +1100 (EST)
From:      Jeff Kletsky <Jeff@Wagsky.com>
To:        Stan Brown <stabb@awod.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Risk of 3.0 -> 3.1 on Multi-Boot machin?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
***** ERRATUM ON PRIOR MESSAGE *****
***** Should be "boot1" *****
On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	I have a laptop, that Iuse every day at work. It has 3.o (from the CD)
> 	on it, and Win95, WinNT using Booteasy, which then calls the NT boot
> 	manager.
[...]

While it is not significantly better understood by me, I have good luck
running 3.1-STABLE on an HP OmniBook 4100 by using ntldr (with "stock" M$
boot blocks) chaining to FreeBSD with

C:\boot1="FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE" ***** NOT "boot2" !!!

added to boot.ini

(This also gets around the BIOS limitation on boot partition location!)

Good luck,

Jeff