Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 2010 21:15:30 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Xorg Redux

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:08:24 -0600 (MDT), Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:
> Interesting, two device sections.  Some notebooks actually do have two
> video cards, although the R51 might not and this might just be
> misdetected.

Doesn't have to be - maybe it's one VGA and one DVI output? It's also
possible that a DVI output can be controlled via the chipset used,
but isn't present as an actual connector.

My good (really!) old ATI Radeon 9200 shows up similarly:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Card0"
        Driver          "ati"
        VendorName      "ATI Technologies Inc"
        BoardName       "Radeon RV250 If [Radeon 9000]"
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
        Screen          0
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Card1"
        Driver          "ati"
        VendorName      "ATI Technologies Inc"
        BoardName       "Radeon RV250 If [Radeon 9000] (Secondary)"
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:1"
        Screen          1
EndSection

Note the different BusID. A similar mentioning should happen in
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany