Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 02:25:41 -0700
From:      notme <notme@lvdi.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   how does ppp's routing work?

Hi,
    I have just set my FreeBSD box so that it dials
to my ISP on demand.  I currently have 2 Win*
computers connected to the FreeBSD box, like
the following:

ISP <-----phoneline---> FreeBSD
                                    _____|_____
                                    |                   |
                                Win #1          Win #2

I was able to use ICQ and such, but I am just wondering,
how does this ppp -auto -alias demand work?  Both of
the machines shares the same IP, (the IP of which FreeBSD
gets from my ISP) and both of my machines could see
each other on ICQ (which requires unique IPs) and play
online network games.

Any explaination would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Frankie