Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 09:16:26 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
To:        Markus Holmberg <markush@acc.umu.se>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG, John Rochester <john.rochester@enetgroup.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: readLine() failing in linux-jdk1.2.2 (because of linux emulation?)

Markus Holmberg wrote:

> This patch was apparently never submitted as a PR, so I would be glad to
> submit it now to get the Linux emulation fixed, but I have no idea of
> what the patch is doing! (Basically removing lots of stuff). So would
> someone mind reviewing it and see if it would be a Right Thing(tm) to
> get it checked into the FreeBSD CVS?

I had it under review for inclusion in 4.0-RELEASE. I'm not sure that
removing this code is safe. It may solve the jdk problem, but may
re-introduce other problems (those that apparently were fixed by the
code in the first place).

I still have the patch lying around here somewhere. I'll dig into it
some more once I've got a change.

--
Marcel Moolenaar
  mail: marcel@cup.hp.com / marcel@FreeBSD.org