Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:30:10 +0400
From:      "Kirill Timofeev" <kt97679@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bad network performance on 6.2-stable

Folks,

I have old PC (P1 75MHz, 64Mb RAM, xl and fxp network interface, internet
connection via pppoe), which was loaded with 4.11-STABLE and served as
internet gateway plus hold samba and squid. I decided to turn it into
wireless access point and upgraded it to 6.2-STABLE. Samba speed dropped
from 2mb/s to 900kb/s. I tryed GENERIC and custom kernels, tryed to play
with polling, but there was no speed increase. I tryed to install
netbsd 3.1on the same hardware and got 2mb/s again, but I would prefer
to stay with
freebsd. Could you please tell me what options should I try to increase
network performance? Please let me know if I should supply more information
about my setup.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Kirill.