Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2018 22:22:20 -0400
From:      Christopher Bailey <chris@chrisbailey.io>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, lists@eitanadler.com, gavin@freebsd.org
Subject:   [GSoC] Dual-stack ping command

Hello,

I=E2=80=99m an undergraduate computer science student at the University of
Alaska Fairbanks. I=E2=80=99m interested in unifying ping and ping6 into a
single command, because it=E2=80=99s one of the suggested ideas on the wiki=
,
it=E2=80=99s something that=E2=80=99s mildly irritated me in the past, and =
I believe I
have the necessary skills to accomplish it.

>From looking at the source code to the two existing commands, this
project looks pretty straightforward. There could be some
complications I=E2=80=99m missing though, so I=E2=80=99d be interested to h=
ear from
more experienced developers if there are.

Also, apologies if I did anything wrong in sending this email. I=E2=80=99ve
been following the FreeBSD lists for a while, but this is the first
time I=E2=80=99ve sent a message myself, so I=E2=80=99m new to the experien=
ce.

Thanks,
Chris Bailey