Date:      Wed, 09 Feb 2000 17:57:26 -0500
From:      Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
To:        Bill Maniatty <maniattb@cs.rpi.edu>
Cc:        "Christopher R. Bowman" <crbowman@erols.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Books

Bill Maniatty wrote:

> > Shanley and Anderson: PCI System Architecture (2nd Ed)
> > ISBN 1-55860-069-8 small rip in paperback cover
>
> I teach operating systems, and would like to add a device driver writing
> component to the curriculum.  I could use this one.

There was a good (though somewhat obsolete now)
book on the Unix device drivers written by
Egan and Texeira (if I got the spelling right -
can't check now, left a xerocopy of it back in Russia).

I've also seen some book on the Linux drivers,
it's more modern but seems to be worse than the
first one. I've only looked at it in the book store,
so this is only an opinion from a fast look.

-SB