Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2002 14:08:46 -0800
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Chrooted bind  out of the box

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 11:26:00AM +0500, Haikal Saadh wrote:
> Is there a reason why bind is run as root by default and not bind.bind?
> And not chrooted?
>
> If I'm not mistaken almost everyone does this anyway, right?

IIRC, the last time it was discussed, it was felt changing this in the
middle of -STABLE would be too disruptive. Many working BIND
installations would break when people updated.

Changing it in -CURRENT, however, is a different matter.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's hilarious."