Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:06:49 -0800
From:      Xin LI <delphij@gmail.com>
To:        Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Subject:   Re: Support for Areca ARC-1300-4X on 8-STABLE?

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu> wrot=
e:
> Thanks for the link! =C2=A0I'm not sure whether "Fixed arcmsr driver prev=
ent arcsas support for Areca SAS HBA ARC13x0" in the "Bug fixes" list is go=
od news or bad news for me. =C2=A0It suggests that the arcmsr driver has be=
en fixed to prevent it attaching to the ARC-13X0 cards, implying that it is=
 not supported. =C2=A0This entry about OS support on the Areca official pag=
e for the ARC-1300 product (http://www.areca.us/products/sasnoneraid.htm) i=
s also not inspiring: "BSD/FreeBSD (will be available with 6Gb/s Host Adapt=
er)." =C2=A0Does this mean only their 6 Gb/s cards will be supported under =
FreeBSD, or that support for the 3 Gb/s cards will appear alongside the 6 G=
b/s cards, whenever they are released?

The 6Gb/s cards are not released yet.  The updated driver resolved a
conflict with the newer ARC13x0 cards, without it one will have to
update arcmsr(4) before installing the SAS card driver.

Cheers,
--=20
Xin LI <delphij@delphij.net> http://www.delphij.net