Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 2002 08:52:34 -0800
From:      Dale Morris <dlm@well.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Xircom Card/laptop

I have an IBM thinkpad 600 laptop and a Xircom 10/100 56kModem credit
card pcmcia card. In order to get network connectivity I have to do the
following:
boot up
issue the command from root:
sysctl -w machdep.pccard.mem_start=0xd0000

insert the card, wait as it connects. Sometimes I have to reinsert the
card in order to establish a connection.

I have tried adding the line:
machdep.pccard.mem_start="0xd0000" in /boot/loader.conf in order to pass
it to the kernel at boot time, but it just doesn't work.

Is there something I'm missing here?
thanks