Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:27:22 -0700
From:      Stacy Millions <stacy@millions.ca>
To:        mike ndabarasa <freebsd@nur.ac.rw>
Cc:        freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a more philosophical question !!!

mike ndabarasa wrote:

> here is my question:
> how does one get something usefull from such a box ? do we
> need a shell login to work with it(at www.mysql.com i saw
> they suppose you are working from a shell login)? or can we
> querry it with a particular program(let say access!) from a
> Win*&^s  box in a networked environment?

I guess it is time I stop using RTFM and change to RTFHP (what do
you think sounds better HP for Home Page or WP for Web Page? :-)

Any way, if you go to TFHP at
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/contrib.html you will find a list
of client software as well as APIs (so you can write applications
that access the database). Some are windows based.

-stacy

--
You'll see it's all a show. Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

Stacy Millions                                       stacy@millions.ca
Millions Consulting Limited