Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 21:13:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@netwalk.com>
To:        Alexander Goller <alex@vivien.franken.de>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel inBusiness Storage Station

:> i just came across a one page article about the Intel InBusiness
:> Storage Station in the german c't computer magazine 20/99 (one of the
:> better ones up here). The Storage Station is some kind of Networked
:> Attached Storage, similar to Netgear and the author claims it is
:> running FreeBSD together with a journaling file system from Intel.
:> Intel is not mentioning FreeBSD after a first glance.
:> Any comments on this ?
:
:Ok, i mailed the author of the article and he says that a FreeBSD
:login prompt appears when he logs in via telnet :) He also said he
:contacted some Intel technician which confirmed it's running FreeBSD.
:I don't really know if it was known before, i grepped my mailing list
:archives and didn't find anything, so maybe that's some news for
:advocacy.
:

Anyone with contacts at Intel care to confirm this?  Would it be
possible to get Intel to make this public knowledge (if it is indeed
true).  I imagine with all the press that opensource has been getting
lately that this would be a good thing for Intel, no?

--
Jim