Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 2004 02:28:51 +0100
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Alex Dupre <ale@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Fwd: Re: Only one idea about php4

Sorry, mail problems.
This was sent days ago.

=2D---------  Mensaje reenviado  ----------

Subject: Re: Only one idea about php4
Date: Mi=E9rcoles, 27 de Octubre de 2004 23:09
=46rom: Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@redesjm.local>
To: freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc: Alex Dupre <ale@freebsd.org>, Nika Vidal <nikageek@gmail.com>,=20
ports@freebsd.org

El Martes, 26 de Octubre de 2004 19:30, Alex Dupre escribi=F3:
> Nika Vidal wrote:
> > The way that I actually use them is compiling php with static
> > mocules and I get mysql support but gd support seems to be
> > impossible lol.
> >
> > I only try to tell that could be a good idea having this 2 options,
> > dynamic and static modules.
>
> Having 2 options doesn't solve your problem and it's not the right
> thing to do. Read ports/UPDATING to solve your problem.

I recall having those problems in rpms.  We end making a strong base
 with all the critical things into.

Maybe your approach to the new 'php ports' is 'too lineal'.

=BFWhat about making those critical components 'strong parts' of the base
 php and use static link if required?

=2D-
  josemi