Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 2014 22:38:22 +0000
From:      Steve Burton <steve@sliderule.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone had experince setting up gnokii

On 26/12/2014 22:27, Steve Burton wrote:
> On 26/12/2014 20:37, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I thought gnokii worked on a real serial port, not a ugen device.
>>
>> ugen is the generic USB device that userland USB drivers would use.
>>
>> I think gnokii expects the device /  port there to be a serial device,
>> USB or otherwise.
>>
>> So, what cable are you using? and whats the output of "dmesg" and
>> "usbconfig list" say?
>>

>> -adrian
>>

>> On 24 December 2014 at 02:05, Godfrey Hamshire
>> <freebsdlist@compudoc.za.org> wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I have got a Nokia N79 and am trying to set it up to send sms's I am
>>> not
>>> wanting any thing fancy just to send me sms's in addition to the other
>>> notification methods I already employ for power outages loss of
>>> connectivity
>>> etc etc.
>>>
>>> I have managed to get this far and am stuck
>>>
>>> Initializing AT capable mobile phone ...
>>> Serial device: opening device /dev/ugen4.2
>>> Gnokii serial_open: tcgetattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>>> Couldn't open ATBUS device: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>>>
>>> No matter what I try I am unable to proceed beyond this point
>>>

>>> Google is not much help here I was wondering what suggestions you
>>> guys might
>>> have.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Godfrey
>>>

>>> root@32.165 ~ # usbconfig ; gnokii --identify
>>> ugen0.1: <UHCI root HUB VIA> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps)
>>> pwr=SAVE (0mA)
>>> ugen4.1: <EHCI root HUB VIA> at usbus4, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH
>>> (480Mbps)
>>> pwr=SAVE (0mA)
>>> ugen3.1: <UHCI root HUB VIA> at usbus3, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps)
>>> pwr=SAVE (0mA)
>>> ugen2.1: <UHCI root HUB VIA> at usbus2, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps)
>>> pwr=SAVE (0mA)
>>> ugen1.1: <UHCI root HUB VIA> at usbus1, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps)
>>> pwr=SAVE (0mA)
>>> ugen4.2: <N79 Nokia> at usbus4, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON
>>> (100mA)
>>> GNOKII Version 0.6.31
>>> LOG: debug mask is 0x1
>>> Config read from file /usr/local/etc/gnokiirc.
>>> phone instance config:
>>> model = AT
>>> port = /dev/ugen4.2
>>> connection = serial