Date:      Tue, 02 Nov 1999 09:24:28 +0100 (CET)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: exporting lyx to word

On 01-Nov-99 J McKitrick wrote:
> I checked the help menus in LyX and the import filters in Word, and I
> really can't tell how this is done.  I like the look of Lyx, and I would
> like to learn to use it, but only if my professors, who use MS Word, can
> read it.  I do very little printing, BTW.  Is there an output format from
> LyX that can be easily read by MS Word?
>
> -jm

This is not a solution but: I have found that going via .RTF-documents is a
good way when converting database entries to word docs. In my case I used word
to get a template with field identifiers and saved that in .RTF. Then after a
couple of hours with awk to generate a sed-script I could produce .rtf's that
looked exemplary when imported to word.

It does involve some work on your own, though:(

I recently stumbled over Sed and Awk (O'Reilly), now I don't see how I have
managed without them...

/Micke

Michael Josefsson, MSEE
mj@isy.liu.se