Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 11:08:31 -0500
From:      "James E. Housley" <jim@thehousleys.net>
To:        ROGIER MULHUIJZEN <MULHUIJZEN@PZH.NL>
Cc:        j.bulten@chello.nl, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: weird crashes

ROGIER MULHUIJZEN wrote:

> What version of FreeBSD are you running, and can you show some messages
> from logs?
>
>             DocWilco

> Hi,
>
> I co-admin a freebsd box running a mysql and webserver for two
> internet
> sites, each getting about 15.000 hits a day. Lately, we've been
> experiencing
> weird crashes where the box seems to run out of cache memory (100MB)
> while
> there's plenty of conventional memory ( 768 MB) available.

I would say "Increase the size of the swap file".  As a short term
simple test add another drive and use it as a second swap file.  The old
<500 Meg IDE are usually sitting in trash cans, due to size.  And are a
great size for a simple test.

Jim
--
"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT, or better,' so I installed
FreeBSD"