Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:38:23 -0600
From:      "John M. Fannon" <jfannon@gmotion.com>
To:        <zhangweiwu@private.21cn.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: to freebsd-question: i'm banned:(

On 3/23/02 3:22 AM, "Zhang Weiwu" <weiwuzhang@hotmail.com> wrote:

> address webmaster@cies2k.org, this address
> is unique, since i'm the owner of the domain cies2k.org, no one spams from
> it. but it sill cannot post. Is the mail server's ip of cies2k.org banned
> (this server also serves other mail addresses) or freebsd list bans
> whatever from china? Maybe banning an ip address is more practical then the
> domain name.
>
> I'm on a subnet of Chinese inter network called cernet, which has very poor
> connection to oversea. It

This is a big problem and there are many factors contributing to it.  Aside
from setting up your own simple mail server, I have no idea... That might
not even work as people are blocking entire blocks of addresses (from
china).

I sympathize with you, Is there anyone on this list that can help this
person?!?!?!

John Fannon
Webmaster/Systems Admin.
Gmotion.com