Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:09:19 +0200
From:      Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Rong-En Fan <rafan@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, rnoland@2hip.net
Subject:   Re: Ports with version numbers going backwards: net-p2p/azureus2

--cUlGATvL9lcudEbI

On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 01:34:08AM +0800, Rong-En Fan wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 05:31:49PM +0000, erwin@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> > ** The following ports have a version number that sorts before a previo=
us one **
> >=20
> >  For many package tools to work correctly, it is of utmost importance t=
hat
> >  version numbers of a port form a monotonic increasing sequence over ti=
me.
> >  Refer to the FreeBSD Porter's Handbook, 'Package Naming Conventions' f=
or
> >  more information. Tools that won't work include pkg_version, portupgra=
de
> >  and portaudit. A common error is an accidental deletion of PORTEPOCH.
> >=20
> >  Please fix any errors as soon as possible.
>=20
> As I noted in commit log, this port is just repocopied and not
> connected to build. The is intentional.

The script has no way of knowing this, so I have to edit it's datafiles
by hand afterwards.

-erwin

--=20
Erwin Lansing                                     http://droso.org
Security is like an onion.          (o_ _o)
It's made up of several layers   \\\_\   /_///    erwin@FreeBSD.org
And it makes you cry.            <____) (____>    erwin@aauug.dk

--cUlGATvL9lcudEbI

--cUlGATvL9lcudEbI--