Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2002 18:10:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      <joeo@cracktown.com>
To:        <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: OpenGL

Most common AGP capable northbridge chipsets are supported by stable and
current.  What is also needed for direct rendering is the kernel module
for the card type.  Currently supported for direct rendering with
freebsd are;

3Dfx Voodoo 3/4/5  (both PCI and AGP varieties work)
ATI AGP radeon (the older generation of cards)
ATI AGP r128's (but not the "fury maxx")
MGA AGP G200/G400/G450's

The PCI versions of the latter cards are not supported since the person
who ported the card specific kernel modules didn't have the pci versions
of the cards available or the time/interest to make it work.

Much of the work on the uoregon.edu site mentioned earlier in this thread
has been folded back into the XFree86-CVS head branch for possible
inclusion with the 4.2.0 XFree86 release, but it needs some FreeBSD users
testing it.