Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 08:06:39 -0700 (MST)
From:      heistand@heistand.org
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bridging/natd problems

Hi folks,

I am running a freebsd box as a bridge between a dsl modem and the rest
of my internal network. I have some real and some fake IPs on the inside.
The real IP machines are working just fine getting to the outside
world but the fake ones are having problems. I am running natd (-s -u -m -n external_ethernet)
and when I slap in the ipfw rule of

ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via fxp0

my fake IPs work but the real IPs stop. Removing the line switches which ones
work. I had thought perhaps a divert line of something like

ipfw add divert natd all from 10.0.0.0/8 to any via fxp0

amight only divert the packets from the inside fake IP machines but it doesnt work
so Im guessing that I am missing something.

Anyone have any thoughts?

thanks

--
Steve Heistand