Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:44:11 +0100
From:      "Jamie Heckford" <jamie@jamiesdomain.org.uk>
To:        "Don Bowman" <don@sandvine.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Compaq GIGA NIC

Last time we tried this driver (around 4.6-RELEASE) we had massive problems with the chipset occasionally  incorrectly checking TCP
checksums... which caused the interface to lock up.

I think someone posted a workaround to disable the hardware checksum checking feature - but we only had these cards onboard in our
production servers.

Maybe its corrected now... who knows?? By the sounds of it you aren't having any issues :-)