Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 1995 12:46:39 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@teal.csn.org>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrade to my machine

Hello,

>	talking of stripping, a while back, you, terry and others (if i
>remember correctly) discussed disk stripping and spindle syncing a
>number of drives together to  produce a screamer disk system.  was that
>code tainted in some way ??    or may it appear in 2.1 ??
>
>	two sets of 3053's stripped would be incredible....especially at
>under 40 cents a megabyte

my "dream" system would use a 3940W to stripe pairs of spindle-synced
drives, am also interested if anything exists along these lines.

also, I seem to remember seeing an ad recently for a WIDE SCSI drive
that claimed to do internal head stripping allowing it to approach
a sustained 20 MB transfer rate on the SCSI bus.  anyone know what
drive this was, I can't recall... (old age is a terrible thing!)

						Steve Passe
						smp@teal.csn.org