Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2017 13:41:26 -0400
From:      Jung-uk Kim <jkim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        peter.blok@bsd4all.org, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booting RPI2 with FreeBSD 11, 12 or pre-built images

--U3LxLWBF6RHe4NrFomktjwsDvlQXPNoDx
From: Jung-uk Kim <jkim@FreeBSD.org>
To: peter.blok@bsd4all.org, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org

--tCdhDc7FiiTSsFjVltPWTnNVl3Tw5Nmhg

On 06/27/2017 09:18, peter.blok@bsd4all.org wrote:
> I=E2=80=99m trying to build a RPI2 image with crochet using FreeBSD 11-=
stable as well as current but all of them only show the rainbow screen.
>=20
> I have tried the images from the FreeBSD ftp site and from raspbsd.org =
<http://raspbsd.org/>; without success. Nothing on the uart either. A Rasp=
bian image boots fine. Same with the Banana-pi
>=20
> Hate to admit but I=E2=80=99m stuck. Anybody else with the same problem=
?
>=20
> I am successfully able to boot on a RPI1B

I haven't tried prebuilt images for some time but once I had a similar
problem.  At the time, its msdosfs partition was formatted with long
file name support, which is not supported by the loader.

Jung-uk Kim