Date:      Sun, 8 Sep 1996 05:29:55 +0800 (WST)
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.DIALix.COM>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ctm changes

This is a "heads up!" to everybody getting ctm-cvs-cur and ctm-src-cur.

These two mailing lists have been changed over to use Gary Palmer's
slow mailout system.  The mailout rate is 100K per 30 minutes, with an
initial two chunks sent the moment the delta is created.

If you "must have them asap", you can unsubscribe from the lists and
subscribe instead to ctm-cvs-cur-fast and ctm-src-cur-fast, and make
sure you have plenty of swap space for lotsa sendmail's running in
parallel (as usual :-).

The maximum delta mailout size has been increased from 3MB to 10MB, but
it'll take some time before that all arrives in somebody's mailbox on the
slow list.  At 200K/hour, that's 1MB every 5 hours.

When I mentioned this a week ago, I got quite a few positive replies and
once person who said they'd change to the fast list as soon as it was done.

-Peter