Date:      Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:29:04 +0100
From:      Benjamin Thelen <bt@ccgis.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   openssl, OpenOffice-2.0, make.conf

Hi list,

Since I've installed openssl-beta-0.9.8a which is required in order to
install the OpenOffice-2.0 package from
http://porting.openoffice.org/freebsd/, I'v always problems running
portuprade, because the ports openssl is often used for compiling
instead of the base openssl. I then found the switch
WITH_OPENSSL_BASE=yes which I added to make.conf. Everthing seemd to be
ok until the last portupgrade "session" which stopped while trying to
upgrade net-snmp, which is a debendency of kdeutils with the follwing error:

Dependency error: this port wants the OpenSSL library from the FreeBSD
base system. You can't build against it, while a newer
version is installed by a port.
Please deinstall the port or undefine WITH_OPENSSL_BASE.

I try to upgrade these ports:

kdeutils-3.4.3              <  needs updating (port has 3.4.3_1)
net-snmp-5.2.1.2            <  needs updating (port has 5.2.2)

I now of course could alwayse remove openssl-beta-0.9.8a and
openoffice.org-2, before using portupgrade, but that cannot be the right
way to do, can it?

As a last info: I set OOo-2 to "held", because I don't want it upgraded
by portupgrade.

de-openoffice.org-2.0.20051104_1  <  [held] needs updating (port has
2.0.20051128)

Does anybody have an idea? How do you manage this? Different
OOo2-package? Using only the ports openssl-beta?

Thanks,
Ben