Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:57:08 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Talbot NEIL <talbotn@sportsmedicine.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.1 RELEASE

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999, Talbot NEIL wrote:

> Doug ,
>
> i need a stable version . is there such a beast or am i chasing my tail.
>
> Talbot

I can't see anywhere which has a recent 3.1 snapshot to download.  You
could try installing the 3.1-RELEASE set from the CD and then doing a
source upgrade to 3.1-STABLE with cvsup. If the install program gives you
trouble you should be able to use the install floppies from a more recent
snapshot to install the 3.1 binaries.  If I had my 3.1 CD set, I could
test this out but I've lent them to a friend :-(.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com