Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 10:54:53 +0100
From:      Clem.Dye@wdr.com
To:        dburr@pobox.com, Clem.Dye@wdr.com
Cc:        clark@pharlap.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: RE: Re: NetGear FA310-TX???

Donald:

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned in a direct email to Clark, this
whole business has set me thinking a bit. It seems that the DEC 21xxx
chipset is fairly well supported by most o/ses: Microsoft, FreeBSD,
Linux, BeOS etc. and from my point of view, being able to standardise
on one type of card in a multi-boot system environment seems pretty
sensible. The problem is how do you identify which NICs have the DEC
chipset and which are still available here (in the UK).

The chip change on the FA310 is a case in point: I didn't know that
the Rev. C card uses the DEC chipset, whilst the Rev. D doesn't.
Phoning a UK supplier to ask such a question will usually be met with
the 'Dunno, mate' response, so typical of the service industry in
general.

With that in mind, any ideas?

Regards

Clem

<snip - text deleted>

PS: Clark: Apologies for the message re-hash. Isn't cut'n'paste
wonderful? Heh.

related financial instruments.