Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 19:52:32 -0700
From:      John Merryweather Cooper <jmcoopr@webmail.bmi.net>
To:        Rob <europax@home.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/29519: X11 ports generate undef pthread refs with XFree86-4.10 port

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 07:19:06PM -0700, Rob wrote:

< mega snip>

>=20
> Well, I got my Animabob program (3d visualization program) to compile.=20
> Unfortunately, when I try to start it I get the error:  Xlib: extension
> "GLX" missing on display ":0.0"
>                            Error: GLwDrawingArea: requested visual not
> supported.
>=20
> I assume this means that my I815 graphics is to blame on this
> notebook.    Rob.
> ps. I had no problems on my old notebook which used the Rage Mobility
> chipset.
>=20

Yes.  Regretablly, graphics chip manufactures (with a few exceptions)
treat anything that isn't WinDoze or Linux as a very, very poor (and
starving) step child.

Of course, you might want to check if you're even loading the glx
module.  But direct hardware OpenGL stuff is DNE for the most part
because of chip maker chauvinism.

jmc

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt

--pf9I7BMVVzbSWLtt--