Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:24:28 +0100
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Stable List <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: VMware hanging with more memory

On Thu, Dec 21, 2000 at 10:00 +0100, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:

> Thanks for the reply! It seems the web-based mailing list
> search has a bug since it showed only four or five articles of
> the thread in question. Going directly into the mailing list
> archive, i found all twenty or so articles and the fixes you
> mention.

It seems the web frontend for searching the mailing lists has
some four days of delay until the messages show up.  At least
it's what I experienced when following postings to lists I'm not
subscribed to.

And yes, the "next in thread" sometimes seems to be broken.  But
it could be due to the fact that there are a lot of broken mail
frontends out there damaging or not producing correct In-Reply-To
and References header lines.  That's where some archivers tend to
introduce a "probable answer" category, but I'm not sure what
criterion they use for it (maybe Subject matching and datewise
neighbourhood).

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net