Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:59:02 +0200
From:      Mark Rowlands <mark.rowlands@minmail.net>
To:        Morsal Roudbay <morsal@swipnet.se>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X and Swedish keyboard layout

On Monday 08 October 2001 12:37 am, Morsal Roudbay wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 12:30:49AM +0200, Morsal Roudbay wrote:

> > > The stuff in rc.conf is not used by X. The keyboard layout in X and in
> > > the console are independent of each other.
> > > For XFree 3.x you should make sure that you have something like the
> > > following in /etc/XF86Config
> > >
> > > Section "Keyboard"
> > >    Protocol        "Standard"
> > >    AutoRepeat      500 30
> > >    LeftAlt         Meta
> > >    RightAlt        Meta
> > >    ScrollLock      Compose
> > >    RightCtl        Control
> > >    XkbKeycodes     "xfree86"
> > >    XkbTypes        "default"
> > >    XkbCompat       "default"
> > >    XkbSymbols      "us(pc101)"
> > >    XkbGeometry     "pc"
> > >    XkbRules        "xfree86"
> > >    XkbModel        "pc105"
> > >    XkbLayout       "se"
> > >    XkbOptions      "ctrl:nocaps"
> > > EndSection
> > >

> > > Note especially the 'XkbLayout  "se"'  line.
> > > I think the above will work for XFree86 4.x too but I am not sure.
> > >
> > > (It seems the above syntax is obsolete but still supported in 4.x and
> > > that one should use 'Section "InputDevice"' instead.
> > > 'man 5 XF86Config' should give more info if you have XFree 4.x
> > > installed.)
> >
> > Thanks for your email but I have already tested this setup. (the one for
> > XFree 3.x) It doesnt work with XFree86 4. :(
>
> I just read the man and that didnt say much about my problem.
>
> Is there anyone who has a working international keyboard layout in XFree86
> 4.x?

 det här funkar för min bärbara
ÅÖÄäöå.....but do we really need all those extra letters.....

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"

        Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "se"
EndSection

Women are just like men, only different.