Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:25:03 +0200
From:      Munish Chopra <chopra@runbox.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Preferred way of going to XFree86 4.1.0 (Geforce3 support)

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 08:24:30AM -0400, Kenneth Mays wrote:
> Here is another answer about Nvidia chipsets including Geforce3 support.
> -Ken

[snip announcement]

Well, to put this to rest...

2D support (non-accelerated) has been working for Geforce models since
at least 4.0.1 (if not before). I've used my Geforce 2 MX with all
releases from 4.0.1 to 4.1.0. The announcement is for the accelerated
2D/3D drivers, currently Linux-only. The FreeBSD drivers are in the
works, and we're currently just waiting for NVIDIA to help us out on
some central issues (see http://nvidia.netexplorer.org). With any luck,
and the NVIDIA engineers having a bit more time (nForce launch and all),
we should have 3D support for pretty much the full line of NVIDIA cards
within the next several weeks.

--
-Munish