Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 1999 14:22:49 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joss Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Why this line never returns "2>&1" ? [Sorry Rephrasing the question]

--- Joss Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi there,
> thanks for all the people who helped me
> finish my shell script.
>
> but one thing though, this line waits forever
> and never seem to give control back to its
> shell
> script to finsh the rest of the magic,
>
> do something here ... <-- ok of  course
> cvsup -g ports.sup > mylog 2>&1 | tail -F mylog
> do somthing here.... <-- this is nevern reached
>
> thanks again for helping.

Actually I really understand WHY its doing this,
the question is;

how to be able to cvsup the thing and at same
time
1. log the output, and tail it to see what
is going on there.

2. make 'tail' give back the control to following
line after the initial process 'cvsup' returns.

thank you for you patience.

=====
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.