Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 13:26:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      "J. Weatherbee - Senior Systems Architect" <jamil@acroal.com>
To:        Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   OS Ports

Wouldn't porting -stable first be a better project, after all you want a
quality product and that is what stable is.  If it was me I would start
there, cvsup to RELENG_22 and take a crack at it.  I'd love to port to
some architecture other that x86, but I first have to get a decent
architecture to port to(not saying that sparc isn't I just haven't really
looked into them). I'd actually like to design my own architecture
by the time I get out of school, at which point I'll probably want to port
some version of UNIX to it just for development purposes if nothing else.

Something interesting to do would be to design a virtual machine on an x86
freebsd machine, obviously a C compiler also then port to that virtual
machine.  In fact I think I'll do this!