Date:      Sat, 1 Jan 2011 12:09:17 +0000
From:      David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade -f advice please

A bit puzzled

I have a problem with apache22 loading and decided before doing anything else
that I would upgrade apache22 recursively to rebuild all ports upon which it
depened and which depend upon apache.

The (to me) logical command was:

dns1# portupgrade -frR apache22

Which generated the following:
[Exclude up-to-date packages  done]

Man portupgrade shows:
 -f
     --force                Force the upgrade of a package even if it is to be
                            a downgrade or just a reinstall of the same ver-
                            sion, or the port is held by user using the
                            HOLD_PKGS variable in pkgtools.conf.

I do not want to exclude packages that appear to be up-to-date. Where is this
limitation on force set?

David

Photographic Artist
Permanent Installations & Design
Creative Imagery and Advanced Digital Techniques
High Dynamic Range Photography & Official Portraiture
Combined darkroom & digital creations
& Systems Adminstrator for the vizion2000.net network