Date:      Fri, 3 Apr 1998 00:18:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
To:        housley@pr-comm.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Additions to anti-spam rules

> I added the following to sendmail.cf to prevent lookup into the realtime
> blackhole list for local mail, prevents dialing.  The checking rules
> were added just before the RBL check rule in check_relay.

I don't have the anti-spam rules enabled, and certainly don't have a
check_relay ruleset.  My DeliveryMode is set to deferred.  However,
when I send mail, my machine still dials out.  Anybody have any ideas
why?  I'm using the stock -current sendmail.cf (built by
root@make.ican.net on Wed Feb 4 10:08:01 GMT 1998), with the following
changes:

O DeliveryMode=deferred

S11
R$+			$: $>51 $1			sender/recipient common
R$* :; <@>		$@				list:; special case
R$*			$: $>61 $1			qualify unqual'ed names
R$+			$: $>94 $1			do masquerading
# XXX UGLY HACK
# This causes the MAIL FROM: line on all outbound messages to
# be piquan@wcc.net, so that I get bounces.
R$+			$@ piquan@wcc.net

The computer name is set to detlev.UUCP.  I am running a
trivially-configured bind.

Anybody know what's going on?

Thanks,
joelh