Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:24:46 -0400
From:      "Charles Peters - Tech Support" <support@tecpro.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DHCP server for FreeBSD 4.0

Greetings:

I am running a FreeBSD 4.0 server router/gateway to provide
internet access for my lan via a cable modem, and I have decided
that I need a to set up a dhcp server on this machine to
dynamically assign ip address to my client workstations running
Win98 and Win95.

I would like to be able to pull about 10 ip addresses out of the
avaliable pool of ip addresses avaliable for dynamic allocation, as
they are reserved for certain machines.

My server is running on a 486-DX2-66 machine with 32mb of ram,
and about 300 mb of free disk space.  I do not have an x-server
running on this machine.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles

Charles Peters
mailto:support@tecpro.com