Date:      Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:12:53 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Junior Kernel Hacker page updated...

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 10:05:08 -0700 Terry Lambert
<tlambert2@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I definitely think an "official" page for a list like this is a
> good idea.  Poul's also definitely right about the inherent danger
> of bike-shedding.
>
> It's probably worth the risk of seeing conflicting things show
> up on it, as long as there is a rule of "the first person to
> submit code wins", so that conflicting things get removed from
> the list -- but only *after* some code shows up.

[...]

> Figure out what a global list means, before making one... we don't
> want one person working on removing a.out, while another one works
> on adding better support for it (as a sample bike shed)!

My proposal:
 - put everything you want into the list
 - conflicting entries have to reside near each other in a conflicting
   entries section
 - if someone doesn't like an entry he can add an conflicting entry
 - if someone wants to implement an entry in the conflicting entries
   section he should first talk about it on freebsd-arch (or with an
   upcoming technical review board), the outcome of the discussion
   should be documented in the task list (e.g. in a rejected entries
   section)

Bye,
Alexander.

--