Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:23:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jason Fuller <platypus@wombat.matrixtek.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet card

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, James Housley wrote:

> But what does dmesg from GENERIC say???  Does it find any cards?

Well, this time it said it found the card (with full description 3COM
etherlink 3c509 etc) on ep0, then it started screaming about the eeprom on
ep0 and stuff.  Then it said it was starting up and setting up hostname
and froze there.  I have PNP OS turned off in the bios. (And because the
bootloader started working suddenly on me, I am finding it near impossible
to boot the GENERIC kernel again...at least not without risking not being
able to load the hacked again.)

Fight Spam! Join CAUCE! -- http://www.cauce.org

VirusScan Detected Windows:  (A)bort, (D)elete, (F)ormat C: