Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 2009 11:56:13 -0500
From:      Henry Miller <hank@millerfarm.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   intel 5100 wifi - not detected in Beta 2, can I get it working?

I have a laptop with an Intel 5100 wifi adapter in my laptop.   (I think it is
5100, might be a 5300 if I ordered the other option, but either way the same
driver should work?)   I loaded the Beta-2 live CD, but was unable to get this
to function.  Nothing in dmesg even indicated that the adapter is detected.
Is there something I can do to the live CD to make this work?   Do I need to
do a full install and enable something?

I have been unable to find much about this by searching, apparently Daniel is
working on support.   It seems that the iwn driver could work, but I can't
find any status.

I'd offer to help write the support if I could find enough documentation on
how this card works (I haven't done much driver work, but I think I could), so
pointers in that direction would be welcome too.

I'm not subscribed (yet) so please CC me on all replies.