Date:      Sun, 19 May 2002 12:29:47 +0000
From:      "Idris Ali" <idris_aliuk@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:your script

Hello mate :-)

At the moment,
I am looking for a script to run a website
like:
http://www.iloveclicks.com/
and all the other similar sites that give you credits
for visiting other member sites and in return for the
credits other members are sent to your site.
We call these "hit exchange programs".

You want credit for every freeware scripts you write
do not you?
Such as your name on the copyright notice at the
bottom of each script?
But are all your freeware script users displaying your
name on the copyright notice as they are supposed to?
No, I do not think so :-(

Anyway, how-about this deal.
You write me freeware scripts whatever you can manage
to write on the ones I seek and I will use them
on my site for example to launch programs based on
these scripts and instead
of displaying your name and brand on the copyright
notice or anywhere else I will display your sponsors
link only.
The script source-codes I will try to conceal to
protect so no-one can see the source-codes and take
them to start copy-cat programs.
And, if I fail to protect your script from being
copied then it does not really matter because the
script is freeware anyway.
For each script, I will only display one of your
sponsor link on either one static or dynamically
created page.
You may have more than one sponsor and ad displayed
randomly.
Example: I am using 2 different kind of your scripts.
Each script is displayed/used on 10 static/dynamically
created pages so thats a total of 20 pages.
I will only display your sponsor link(s) on 2
static/dynamically created pages.
Your sponsor ads may change randomly from one ad to
the other with the same sponsor' different ads
displaying randomly or you may have more than one
sponsor where the ads will change from sponsor to
sponsor.

Deal?
No?

Well, atleast my offer was sincerely honest, more than
you can ask for as nowadays freeware script users
cannot be trusted to even display your copyright
notice after all the hard-work and time you have spent
on the scripts you write for them.
On the other hand, if you are interested then let me
know or if you have any other kind of deal on your
mind
(apart from asking me any money ofcourse) then do
contact and let me know what you have in mind.
We maybe able to work something out.
If you cannot make-up your mind whether to get along
with this deal or give it a miss then maybe it' better
to know what kind of scripts I am looking for and how
you can benefit from writing those scripts for me to
use freely as I like (without me selling, renting and
leasing your freeware scripts ofcourse ;-)
without your permission).
This way, you can help yourself to make-up your mind
whether to go along with this deal or not.

PROGRAMS I INTEND TO LAUNCH:

I want to run free service sites where visitors will
come to enjoy a variety of free services on my
website.
My interest is nothing different than all other free
resources sites out there.
I want to place all kinds of sponsor ads (such as cpm,
pay per click, pay per view, etc. etc. and whatever
types will arise in the future which I become
interested in) on each page of my programs so when
users use them I am able to display my sponsor ads
aswell as your' so we both make profits.

SCRIPTS I AM SEARCHING FOR:

HITS EXCHANGE
I want to run a program similar to

www.iloveclicks.com
www.webmastertools4u.com
etc.

I intend to display my own ads/sponsor ads such as
link(s) and/or logo(s) and/or image(s) and/or
animation(s) and/or banner(s) etc.
Example:
Each page will display my sponsor
link on the header and a member' site in the middle
your ad on the footer). All this will not be in
frames.

START-UP PAGE
Here, I will be the middle-man.
Eg. You and your friend become members of this
program.
You both configure your browsers to open to my webpage
when you launch your browsers (set your home-page).
When signing-up to my program you both will submit to
my program your urls where you want my program to send
you hits/clicks/traffic/visitors.
When you open your browser it opens to my webpage.
The script on my webpage detects your computer so that
it does not show you your own url that you submitted
to my program but shows you another member' url.
eg. my script shows you your friend' url where he
wants my program to send him
hits/clicks/traffic/visitors.
When you view a member' url (in this example your
friend') you earn a credit.
You assign your credits to your url so my program
sends you hits/clicks/visitors to your url for each
credits you have.
Like-wise, when your friend opens his browser to my
webpage, the script shows him your url where you want
my program to send you hits/clicks/traffic/visitors.
This way, the credits you have earned by viewing other
members' sites in the past (in this example your
friend' url) are used-up and the viewing member (in
this example your friend) earns a credit for viewing
your url.
Afterwards, when next-time, when you open your
browser, my program will show you another member' url
so you do not view the same site over and over again.
You will be shown urls randomly according to which
url-owner has the most credits.
So, the member who has earned the most credits by
viewing other member' sites gets
hits/clicks/traffic/visitors to his site first until
the member who had the second most credits has more
credits than him.
So, this time the program will send
hits/clicks/traffic/visitors to this member who now
has the most credits and so on.....

It' pretty much like the HITS EXCHANGE and BANNER
EXCHANGE.
The only difference is that with banner exchanges the
programs show a banner while on this one the program
shows a full webpage and the webpage is shown on
browser start-up.

ENTER POP-UP

Similar to START-UP PAGE but you earn credits when
visitors visit your site and a popup appears on your
visitors entrance to your site showing your visitors
another member' site.
For each credit you earn your site is shown to another
member' visitor via the popup.

EXIT POP-UP

Similar to the ENTER POP-UP but this time it' an
exit-pop-up.

POP-UP UNDER

Similar to ENTER and EXIT POPUPs but this time it' a
"pop-up under" which appears when a visitor either
enters or exits a webpage.
(If you do not understand "under popups" then doing a
search on google will help).

I want to start the above 5 types of traffic exchange
programs. They all are work the same way to give
members credits and use their credits-up.
The only difference is how the ads are shown to a
member to earn the ad viewing member credits.

I intend to display my own ads/sponsor ads such as
link(s) and/or logo(s) and/or image(s) and/or
animation(s) and/or banner(s) etc.
Example:
Each page will display my sponsor
link on the header and a member' site in the middle
your ad on the footer). All this will not be in
frames.

NEWS AGGREGATION & SYNDICATION SERVICES
I want to run a site similar to www.moreover.com
(where the script will web-fetch contents such as news
headlines from news sources and display them on my
site.
I will provide Subscribers with snippets of either
javascript code(s) or SSI where they will place on
their sites in order for me to display my news
headlines on their websites).

I intend to display my own ads/sponsor ads such as
link(s) and/or logo(s) and/or image(s) and/or
animation(s) and/or banner(s) etc.
Example:
Each headlines will display my sponsor
link on the top and your' on the bottom).
All this will not be in frames.

I have already found many web-fetch perl freeware
scripts but they all require LWP module which my
webhost does not allow.

REMOTE SITE SEARCH SERVICE
I want to run a site similar to www.freefind.com
(where subscribers will create accounts with me where
they can get my spider to index their websites as
often as they like.
Subscribers will place my search-box on their website
for their visitors to search their site.

I intend to display my own ads/sponsor ads such as
link(s) and/or logo(s) and/or image(s) and/or
animation(s) and/or banner(s) etc.
Example:
Each search result will display my sponsor
link on the top and your' on the bottom).
All this will not be in frames.

I had already found a subscriber on this without even
starting the program yet!

I have already found many spiders and indexers and
search-boxes perl freeware scripts but I appreciate if
they were all in one package or atleast if they allow
me to configure and customize the script in order to
display ads to every search result page.

WWW AUTORESPONDER SERVICE
I want to run a site similar to www.sendfree.com
(where subscribers' visitors will request products and
services details on my autoresponder on the
subscribers' sites).

I intend to display my own ads/sponsor ads such as
link(s) and/or logo(s) and/or image(s) and/or
animation(s) and/or banner(s) etc.
Example:
My autoresponder will respond by displaying my sponsor
link on the top and your' on the bottom).
All this will not be in frames.

I have only found desktop or web-form perl freeware
scripts but no www autoresponders where subscribers
can log-in to their accounts on my website to
configure the autoresponders.

URL REDIRECTION SERVICE
(where subscribers will use to redirect their visitors
to their long-ugly-urls and every redirection will
open
a header and a footer where atleast 2 of my placed ads
will reside.

I intend to display my own ads/sponsor ads such as
link(s) and/or logo(s) and/or image(s) and/or
animation(s) and/or banner(s) etc.
Example:
Each page will display my sponsor
link on the header and your' on the footer).
All this will not be in frames.

TRACKER
(where subscribers will log into their accounts on my
site to view their website stats and in the process
they will view my placed ads.

I intend to display my own ads/sponsor ads such as
link(s) and/or logo(s) and/or image(s) and/or
animation(s) and/or banner(s) etc.
Example:
Each pages in the accounts will display my sponsor
link on the top and your' on the bottom).
All this will not be in frames.

REMOTE CGI-HOST

I actually would like to become a "remote cgi host" so
that I can host cgi-scripts on behalf of those
websites whose bandwidths are limited and are
restricted to calling cgi scripts.
The more of their visitors call my cgi-scripts the
more
my sponsor link is viewed on the top and your'
some-where too ;-)
(Search for "Remote Cgi Hosts" on google to understand
what their line of business is to understand more).

Ask me why I think that I will be successful in these
ventures and be in a position to compete with my
competitions and I'll tell you why.
It' because free services always place their brand
name and logo such as "This service is powered by...."
this makes their service users un-professional.
I mean, just look at Yahoo!
Evryone knows that their searchengine is powered by
google because google displays this message on all it'
search results pages when you do a key-word search on
yahoo search-box.
This makes Yahoo! little.
Assume now that I offered Yahoo! to show their
visitors search results without my brand logo.
Doesn't that make Yahoo! seem more professional?
Like-wise, there are thousands of sites out there that
cannot use cgi-scripts for some reason or the other
and sign-up to remote cgi-hosts where the remote
cgi-host hosts and runs the cgi-scripts with their
brand logo belittling their members to their visitors.
I will be different as I will display not my brand
logo but will give my members to display their own
brand to their audience.
This likely to flood me with members thus I will have
my own community.
My Motto:
I will not display my brand logo but instead display
my own ad/sponsor ad.
Example:
You are using my news syndicate service where the news
headlines are called from my site to your' for your
visitors to read.
Instead of displaying:
"This news service is powered by (my brand)"
I will display:
"This news service is displayed by (your brand)"
and my sponsor ad.
Your visitors will think that the sponsor ad they are
seeing is actually your own ad or your own sponsors.
This way, I stay hidden.
So, this is what I intend to do with all my free
services at the moment.
This kind of business thinking is in your (the
users)interest.
Would you dump me for an equivalent service where the
free service will display their brand to your audience
and make you look cheap?
I do not think so.

Anyway,

SCRIPTS I HAVE FOUND SO FAR BUT STIILL ON THE LOOK FOR
BETTER ONES:

* auction

* auction-host where my subscribers can put auctions
on their websites under their own label for their
visitors to view.
This way, their auction visitors will be viewing my
sponsor ads :-)

* cgi proxy
(where subscribers will browse the web anonymously via
my proxy server and I will display randomly a sponsor
link everytime they load a link).

* email-browser
(where internet users who have only access to email
and not the web will request webpages to be sent to
them via email by my mail-browser).

* chat
(I am looking for a feature where everytime a chatter
opens the small box to whisper to some-one the small
box will randomly display my sponsor link on the top
etc).

* instant messenger

* guest-book

* message-board/forum

* web-editor (create, edit, delete, etc. webpages via
the web rather than ftp)

Think about all this.
Please reply soon because if you delay then I will
think you're not interested and so I will have no
choice but to approach some-one else.
You can see from my action-plan what tasks I intend to
under-take which is likely to make my brand very
rewarding.
Why not join with me at the very beginning by writing
those scripts for me or atleast some or even just one?
Try as much as you can and there' no need to rush.

One way or the other I will get my hands-on those
required scripts to launch my venture but it would be
just time consuming searching for the right-ones so if
you can shorten my search by writing these scripts for
me then like I mentioned before I will display your
sponsor ads like I said I would so you make profits
too.

Thanks

Think about it.

Regards