Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2017 13:25:42 +0000
From:      "Frank Leonhardt (m)" <frank2@fjl.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Carmel NY <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
Subject:   Re: Drupal vs. Wordpress

On 28 October 2017 17:02:02 BST, Carmel NY <carmel_ny@outlook.com> wrote:
>I am going to be installing either Drupal or Wordpress on my FreeBSD
>11.1
>system. I was wondering if anyone has any specific recommendations. It
>will be
>lightly used, at least at first.

I use both, plus Joomla (Add this to the list). And ovet the years I've looked after a lot of web developers using all three. Web developers are a superstitious lot and have a lit of opinions on software they DON'T use.

WordPress is good for blogs. Most other stuff is better in Joomla or Drupal, both of which also do blogs but not nearly as heavily.

Of the other two, I prefer Drupal. It's cleaner. It has fewer add-ons, but those that do exist are generally better written. If you need a particular add-in and don'Z want to write it, choose the CMS that has it.

A lot of people believe Drupal is harder to set up and/or use. I really don't see that myself - possibly folklore based on early version.

If you are going the shop site route, look at ZenCart.

--
Sent from my Cray X/MP with small fiddling keyboard.