Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:20:46 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interface collisions

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 10:34:05AM -0600, Jack L. Stone wrote:
[...]
> Also, I agree that the collisions are very small and were cached by the
> switch, not lost necessarily. However, the sudden appearance over the past
> 2-3 days indicates a change that is not for the better and more concerned
> about the trend.

Not "cached by the switch" else your rl driver would not have known
about it. The rl driver logged the "collision" because it started
sending a packet and was not able to copy it 100% in real time so it
concluded somebody else was transmitting at the same time.

If the card is configured in full duplex mode it should not be verifying
copy of its own data when sending, by definition. Unless there is some
sort of out-of-band communications between ethernet ports operating via
full duplex.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net