Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 1997 11:46:47 +1000 (EST)
From:      George Michaelson <ggm@connect.com.au>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   canonical issue wrt DMA & wd/wdc

1) can somebody add the DMA warning issues to an FAQ so we can understand
   when it really means "DMA is disabled" as opposed to "your m.b. or BIOS
   doesn't support enabling, who knows, lets wing it"

2) flags 0x80ff80ff blows up in config on wdc but works on wd<n> instances

3) assuming when an ASUS m.b. reports the disks are mode4 compliant its not
   lying, does adding the flags buy me anything

4) claims LINT explains how to enable new/untrustworthy DMA are untrue as
   far as I can see (but then I'm hyper dumb :-)

-George