Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 03:40:48 -0400
From:      smitho <Smitho@en.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        bobv@en.com
Subject:   FreeBSD and me

good evening ...err morning
I need to obtain FreeBSD to run a internet server.
we havent bought the server yet and I wanted to download the OS to get a
look at it ahead of time we are hopeing to use.....
16x Mitsumi cd-rom
pentium 150
tyan 1572  430tx atx model
quantum 2.1 SE with ultra DMA 33 IDE
(2) 64 MB sd-ram dimm moduals
colorado T3000 back up
el-chepo video card (we wont be running a GUI)
and a 3 com 3c905 10 base t ethernet card
I have had a hard time trying to find specific information on hardware
compatability or any info reguarding reccommended install method
(cd-rom,tape,disk,etc.) I have contacted many of the above mentioned
vendors and they say they do not support FBSD are there drivers in the
OS that will work with these pieces?? there is alot of vague references
but nothing specific I was wondering if I may trouble you to give me any
hardware recommendations and/or any type of neet stuff you can tell me
would be great and highly appreciated I think we want to use ver. 2.2.2
that seems to be the most recent stable version from all the reading I
have done..
help any  way you can
thank you thank you thank you
Eric Smith