Date:      Tue, 27 May 2008 20:34:46 +0300
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@mavhome.dp.ua>
To:        Stefan Lambrev <stefan.lambrev@moneybookers.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adjust Maximum Segment Size?

Stefan Lambrev wrote:
>> Yes, You can with ng_tcpmss
> Isn't it doable only with ipfw/divert when using ng_tcpmss?
> I have and some concerns about performance too ..

There are several ways to inject packet to ng_tcpmss:
  - ipfw + divert + ng_ksocket. It should be faster then usual
user-level implementation
  - ipfw + netgraph as described in ng_tcpmss(4)
  - use ng_tcpmss directly in some complicated netgraph setup. For
example, mpd is able to use it. This is probably the fastest and easiest
way, but only for some setups.

--
Alexander Motin