Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:57:04 -0400
From:      Antoine Beaupre <anarcat@anarcat.ath.cx>
To:        =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Richard_=C8epas?= <rch@richard.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A way to reset audio driver without reboot?

Le mercredi 5 juin 2002, =C3=A0 02:51 AM, Richard =C4=8Cepas a =C3=A9crit =
:
> The problem is that there is apparently nothing to kill but device is=20=

> still busy:
> $ lsof /dev/mixer  /dev/sequencer /dev/dsp /dev/audio /dev/dspW=20
> /dev/music /dev/pss
> lsof: WARNING: compiled for FreeBSD release 4.4-STABLE; this is =
4.6-RC.
> $ echo >/dev/audio
> bash: /dev/audio: Device busy

Note that lsof might not be working properly, and that might be the=20
reason why you don't see which program is attached. Try to recompile=20
lsof.

But it's probably not that. I had this kinds of problems before, and=20
nothing else than rebooting fixed the thing. :( Maybe a kldunload/load=20=

would do it?

A.