Date:      Tue, 23 May 2000 01:11:48 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Teaching sysinstall about the documentation packages

[ -doc, -hackers, and jkh.pl on the To: line.  Watch those replies :-) ]

For those that haven't been keeping up at the back, Doc. Project package
generation is now pretty stable.  What this means is that if you take
yourself off to

    ftp.FreeBSD.org:/pub/FreeBSD/doc/packages/

and take a look in there, you'll see one package for each document, format,
and language combination we currently support, all ripe for putting through
pkg_add(1).  Modulo some final testing, automatic generation of these is
pretty much sorted.

So, the time has come to think about ripping out the doc distro from
"make release", and to teach sysinstall about these packages instead.
Much as I relish the chance to do this, I'm already up to >here< with
other doc. proj. pointy-hair work and all the fun things that entails,
so I'm not going to get the chance to do this any time soon.

Any volunteers?