Date:      Tue, 06 Oct 1998 17:56:36 +0200
From:      Lasse Lamminen <lite@cable.a2000.nl>
To:        brian <brian@garage.co.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: extremely slow and strange connection with cable modem and 3c509

Thnx !  After investigating my custom kernel configuration file, i found
I had the very same problem. Unfortunately  my 3c509 just broke down (by
transport actually) before I had the chance to really test it (it isn't
even working under Windoze NT 4). Now I got me a NE2000 clone card for
only $10 and it's working great.

I have another 3c509 stashed somewhere, so i can try your advice
afterall. I'll post the result after testing.

Lasse