Date:      Mon, 24 Aug 2015 15:58:02 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] portmaster/portupgrade support for new features

--7cm2iqirTL37Ot+N

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 11:22:27AM +0200, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> hi all,
>=20
> A couple of new features are coming to the ports tree. The first of which=
 has
> landed in the ports tree and should not be used before a while, still bef=
ore we
> start using it, it would be a very good idea to bring support for it to
> portmaster/portupgrade. (I have already done the change in poudriere and =
it will
> be in te next version.)
>=20
> So since recently we can remove the ${PORTSDIR} from all the dependency l=
ines.
> (Please do not use that syntax before all the tools are able to handle it=
!)
>=20
> Aka BLA_DEPENDS=3D pattern:${PORTSDIR}/category/port can now become
> pattern:category/ports
>=20
> I haven't checked portmaster/portupgrade code so I have no idea if they w=
ill
> support that out of box or if they will need some changes.
>=20
> I would really appreciate to see people testing that and provide patches =
if
> necessary so that the day we adopt this syntax those tools are already re=
ady to
> use it ootb.
>=20
> FYI: https://github.com/freebsd/portmaster and
> https://github.com/freebsd/portupgrade
>=20
> Later more changes will be necessary to support upcoming VARIANTS (former=
ly
> known as FLAVOURS) and sub packages.
>=20
> This first step would allow you to step into the code of those tools befo=
re the
> having to deal with more intrusive changes :)
>=20
> Best regards,
> Bapt

Here is a reminder on help needed. We do really need to get this feature in=
 the
ports tree to be able to step further in flexible dependencies (hear
provides/requires) and VARIANTS/FLAVORS and subpackages.

If one cares about those tools, please make them work without ${PORTSDIR}
information.

Best regards,
Bapt

--7cm2iqirTL37Ot+N